Monday, July 23, 2012

Pelican Grill

The Pelican Grill is one of my favorite fish restaurant in the Ottawa area. Situated on Bank St, in a small strip mall, it is also part of a fish store. Generally, the Pelican Grill always offer tasty and finelly prepared fish dishes. Their daily specials are always very creative. The service is friendly and accomodating.

A few days ago, I went to the Pelican Grill with a few colleagues as part of our monthly Fish Friday outings.
I decided to start with the daily soup which was carrot, ginger and coconut yogurt. The soup was just out of this world. It was served cold but it had a very rich texture with the right blend of carrot and ginger. The light curry spice was juxtaposed to the coconut yogurt which gave the soup a real fresh asian feel. This was one of the best soup I have ever tasted. So much so that I went to see the chef to ask for the recipe. As most great chef, he did not have a recipe but told me how he made it! I took mental note and will surely try it!

As a main course, I, like most of my colleagues, took the cedar roasted black's harbour salmon. The salmon was lightly coated with a homemade barbecue sauce before cooking which transfered some of its taste on the final product. The salmon was perfectly cooked with a very moist and flaky center with light aromas of cedar. The salmon was served with a warm potato salad that was a very good complement to the salmon.

In all, this was the best meal I have had at the Pelican Grill. Hats off to the whole crew! A very pleasant lunch. Can't wait for next month's Fish Friday outing!

Luc

 http://www.pelicanfisheryandgrill.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment